This is by far my favorite summer smoothie! It was actually the first smoothie combo that I have ever made. It’s a fun green color and tastes super refreshing. The green color comes both from spinach and wheatgrass. I love wheatgrass! It is the first superfood that I ever tried. It has a grassy taste that isn’t too strong so its an easy add to any smoothie. Wheatgrass is high in nutrients and antioxidants and can help reduce inflammation. However, wheatgrass is the leaves of the wheat plant and can contain gluten depending on how it is harvested. It may be best to avoid wheatgrass if you are gluten-free.
Note: This recipe is labeled as vegan, but is topped with bee pollen (optional). If you are trying to follow a vegan diet, you may want to skip the bee pollen topping.
Ingredients in Green Goddess Smoothie:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen cut pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp wheatgrass powder
- cinnamon to taste
- 1-1 1/2 cups coconut water or unsweetened almond milk (add until you get the consistency that you want)
- optional toppings: goji berries and bee pollen
How to Make Green Goddess Smoothie:
Blend until smooth and top with toppings (optional)!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, please comment and let me know if you give it a try! Or tag me if you make them on instagram @wellbymel_!
Green Goddess Smoothie
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 cup Frozen Pineapple cubed
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Wheatgrass
- 1 – 1/12 cup Coconut Water or Almond Milk
- Goji Berries, Bee Pollen optional toppings
- Blend until smooth and top with toppings (optional)!