Introducing you to my all time favorite summer oatmeal combo- Pineapple Overnight Oats! I’m not exaggerating when I say that I basically ate these overnight oats everyday for a full summer. These overnight oats are served cold and the fresh pineapple gives them a refreshing and delicious flavor. This recipe is so easy to make- all you do is combine ingredients, let them sit in the fridge overnight, and then enjoy the next morning! As much as I like oatmeal, who wants to eat warm oats over the summer? Not me. That’s why these oats make the perfect summer breakfast.
These Pineapple Overnight Oats contain nut milk and, of course, fresh cut pineapple for a sweet and refreshing taste. Chia seeds and flax seeds add a dose of healthy fat and fiber to this recipe. This makes the overnight oats a more satiating meal. This recipe is sweetened with coconut nectar. Coconut nectar has a similar color and consistency to maple syrup, but tastes slightly different. I personally love the taste of coconut nectar and think it’s delicious.
What You’ll Need to Make the Pineapple Overnight Oats:
Rolled Oats: Be sure to purchase gluten-free rolled oats if you need to be gluten free
Seeds: You will need both chia and flax seeds for this recipe. Both chia and flax seeds are nutrient-dense foods and a great source of fiber.
Nut Milk: I used almond milk in this recipe, but you can use any milk that you like. I recommend getting an unsweetened variety of whichever milk you chose.
Coconut Nectar: Coconut nectar adds sweetness to this recipe.
Pineapple: You will need chopped, pineapple cubes for this recipe. I used fresh pineapple, but you could also use frozen pineapple. If you use frozen pineapple, allow it to thaw prior to consuming.
1. Mix the oats, almond milk, chia seeds, flax seeds and coconut nectar in a bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
2. Remove the oats from the fridge the next morning. They should have a pudding-like texture. Top the oats with fresh pineapple.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try, please leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
Pineapple Overnight Oats
- 1 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Flaxseeds
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut Nectar
- 1/2 cup Pineapple chopped
- handful Goji Berries optional topping
- Mix the oats, almond milk, chia seeds, flax seeds and coconut nectar in a bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the oats from the fridge the next morning. They should have a pudding-like texture. Top the oats with fresh pineapple.