Oatmeal bakes are my new favorite way to meal prep breakfast. It is the perfect breakfast to have prepared ahead of time for busy mornings. The best part about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make. To make this banana peanut butter oatmeal bake, just mix the ingredients, allow it to bake in the oven, and that’s it! This recipe makes six servings of baked oatmeal and makes a great healthy breakfast.
If you’re looking for savory breakfasts to meal prep, checkout my Egg Muffins recipe.
The texture of the oatmeal bake is soft, not crunchy. It has a texture that is similar to a bowl of oatmeal, except the oatmeal sticks together. This makes it easier to cut into slices.
What You’ll Need to Make The Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bake:
Banana: You will need two ripe bananas for this recipe. Bananas sweeten as they ripen and are perfect for baking.
Oats: You will need rolled oats for this recipe. If you are gluten- free, be sure to purchase ‘gluten-free rolled oats’ as there is cross-contamination with regular oats.
Maple Syrup: If possible, use a natural maple syrup that is only made with one ingredient: maple syrup.
Egg: You will need one egg for this recipe. The egg helps hold the oatmeal bake together, which makes it easier to slicce into individual servings.
Coconut Oil: The coconut oil also helps the oatmeal bake stay together and adds a little bit of fat to the recipe.
Almond Milk: Use an unsweetened almond milk, which has 0 grams of added sugar. The recipe is sweetened enough by the maple syrup.
Seasoning: Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, and Salt give this oatmeal bake a delicious flavor.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, please comment and let me know if you give it a try! Or tag me if you make them on instagram @wellbymel_!
Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bake
- 2 Bananas ripe
- 3 cups Rolled Oats gluten-free
- 3.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Cinnamon to taste
- Salt pinch
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- Add the rolled oats to a baking dish.
- Mash two ripe bananas and evenly distribute across the baking dish.
- Add cinnamon and salt to the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add two tbsp of melted coconut oil. Add one egg to the bowl and whisk. Add almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla to the bowl. Throughly mix the contents of the bowl.
- Distribute the liquid ingredients evenly across the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the oatmeal bake from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut the oatmeal bake into 6 slices using a spatula.
- Plate a slice and top with peanut butter.