I have clearly been on a baked oatmeal kick lately. It’s such an easy, delicious, and nutritious breakfast that can be made in less than 40 minutes and makes breakfast for the week! With Easter coming up, I decided to make a healthy baked carrot cake oatmeal recipe. This oatmeal bake contains a cream cheese frosting that makes it taste like you’re having dessert for breakfast.
If you’re looking for more baked oatmeal recipes, be sure to also take a look at my Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Meal Prep, my single-serve Chocolate Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal and my meal prep Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bake recipes.
What You’ll Need to Make Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal:
Rolled Oats: You, of course, can’t make an oatmeal bake without oats! I prefer using rolled oats. If you are gluten- free, be sure to purchase ‘gluten-free rolled oats’ as there is cross-contamination with regular oats.
Almond Milk: Use an unsweetened almond milk, which has 0 grams of added sugar. The maple syrup sweetens this recipe enough. Or use your own homemade almond milk.
Shredded Carrots: You, of course, can’t make carrot cake without carrots! I purchased shredded carrots, but you could also purchase whole carrots and grate them yourself.
Maple Syrup: Maple syrup sweetens this recipe. If possible, use a natural maple syrup that is only made with one ingredient: maple syrup.
Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are rich in nutrients and an excellent source of fiber.
Baking Ingredients: You will also need vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and a pinch of salt to make this recipe and give it delicious flavors.
Raisins: You will need a couple of tablespoons of raisins to make this recipe.
Cream Cheese: Cream cheese is a key ingredient in the simple frosting that tops the carrot cake oatmeal bake. Vanilla extract and maple syrup are additional frosting ingredients that give it some added flavor and sweetness.
Walnuts: Walnuts are topped over the frosting for some added crunch, flavor, and omega 3 fatty acids.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try, please leave a comment below or tag me on instagram and let me know what you think!
Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Electric Mixer
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 3 cups Almond Milk unsweetened
- 3 cups Shredded Carrots
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- Oil Spray
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- Add all of the baked oatmeal ingredients, except for the raisins, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spray a baking dish with oil spray and add the contents of the blender to the baking dish. Evenly distribute the mixture across the baking dish.
- Evenly distribute the raisins across the baking dish, then smooth over the top of the raisins with a spoon so that they push below the surface of the oatmeal bake.
- Bake the oatmeal at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and allow the oatmeal bake to completely cool.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Evenly distribute the cream cheese frosting across the oatmeal bake.
- Evenly distribute the walnuts across the oatmeal bake.
- Place in the fridge for a few minutes to allow the cream cheese frosting to set before serving.