Have some ripe bananas? Use them to make this Banana Bread recipe! I absolutely love this banana bread because it tastes delicious and is gluten free, dairy free, and contains no added sugar. The recipe is naturally sweetened by fruit!
I love having this banana bread for breakfast, as a snack, or as a sweet treat. I often make it on Sunday afternoons and pack it for breakfast on Monday morning. When I was a Management Consultant, it was the perfect on-the-go breakfast to take with me to the airport when I flew out on Monday mornings.
Note: Because this recipe is made with flours such as tigernut, almond, and coconut, the batter will be thicker and the bread will not rise. If you would like a rising banana bread recipe, checkout my Banana Bread recipe made with oats here.
What You’ll Need to Make the Banana Bread:
Flours: I use almond flour, coconut flour, and tigernut flour in this recipe. All of these flours are gluten-free. If you’ve never heard of tigernut flour, it is a root vegetable flour. I find it at Whole Foods or on Thrive Market.
Fruit: You, of course, can’t make banana bread without bananas! You will need two ripe bananas for this recipe. Bananas sweeten as they ripen and are perfect for baking. You will also need medjool dates for this recipe. The medjool dates are blended with the almond milk and naturally sweeten the banana bread- it contains no added sugar!
Almond Milk: You can use any kind of unsweetened milk in this recipe. The milk is needed to blended with the dates and create a sort of “date paste,” which naturally sweetens the recipe.
Egg: One egg is used in this recipe. It helps mix together and form the batter.
Spices: Cinnamon and nutmeg enhance the sweet flavor of the banana bread.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try, please leave a comment below or tag me on instagram and let me know what you think!
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Tigernut Flour
- 2 Bananas ripe
- 5 Dates
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Set a baking dish aside.
- In a bowl, mix the tiger nut flour, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a blender, add bananas, dates, and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Note: you must use a blender, a food processor will not work.
- Place contents from the blender into the bowl. Add 1 egg to the bowl and throughly mix.
- Add a piece of parchment paper to the baking dish. Place contents from bowl into the baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool and harden for approximately 20 minutes.