This brussel sprouts salad with bacon makes a great side dish at any holiday party. It’s also one of my go-to recipes to make for lunch! This delicious salad has a sweet and savory flavor. It is balanced with protein, fat, and lots of veggies. This makes a meal that is rich in a variety of different nutrients and satiating.
If you’re looking for more salad recipes, be sure to checkout my Mediterranean Salad with Mushrooms recipe.
What You’ll Need to Make The Brussel Sprouts Salad:
Vegetables: You can’t, of course, make a brussel sprouts salad without brussel sprouts! Use a 10oz bag of shaved brussel sprouts, or buy whole brussel sprouts and thinly slice them. You will also need a few cups of shaved kale to make this salad.
Protein: Crispy bacon and roasted chicken breast are the sources of protein in this recipe.
Dried Cherries: Dried tart cherries add a touch of tart and sweetness to this savory salad.
Avocado Oil: You will need a little bit of avocado oil to roast the shaved brussel sprouts. I like using avocado oil for high temperature cooking because it has a high smoke point; however, you can substitute with another cooking oil.
Honey-Mustard Dressing: You can use store-bought honey mustard dressing, or make your own using honey, dijon mustard, and olive oil. See my recipe for the honey-mustard dressing below.
Spices: Add salt and pepper when roasting the shaved brussel sprouts according to your taste preferences.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, please comment and let me know if you give it a try! Or tag me if you make them on instagram @wellbymel_!
Brussel Sprouts Salad With Bacon
- 10 oz Shaved Brussel Sprouts
- 4 cups Shredded Kale
- 4 pieces Bacon
- 4 oz Roasted Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 cup Dried Tart Cherries
- Salt, Pepper to taste
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
- Season the shaved brussel sprouts with about 1 tsp of avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cook the bacon any way you like until the bacon is crispy. I like to bake the bacon in the oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until crispy. Set the cooked bacon aside on a paper towel to cool.
- To make the honey mustard dressing, add 2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp dijon mustard, and 1.5 tbsp olive oil to a small bowl and mix.
- Add the kale to a large bowl. Make sure to remove any stems. Add about half of the honey mustard dressing to the bowl and massage the kale for a couple of minutes.
- Once cooled, add the shaved brussel sprouts to the bowl. Using your hands, crunch the bacon into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut the roasted chicken breast into cubes and add to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup dried tart cherries to the bowl and the rest of the salad dressing.
- Mix the salad and serve.