This is the kind of salad that I crave on a regular basis. It is packed with a variety of different veggies and tastes so flavorful. This Mediterranean Salad With Mushrooms makes the perfect lunch. It is balanced with protein, healthy fats, and so many veggies. I like preparing it in a large batch so I can eat it for lunch multiple times during the week.
This Mediterranean salad is gluten free. This nutritious recipe is packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. If you’re looking for more nutritious and gluten-free lunch recipes, also check out my Shrimp with Mango Avocado Salsa recipe.
What You’ll Need:
Fresh Veggies: This recipe is loaded with veggies! This recipe is made with spring mix greens, red bell peppers, shiitake mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and parsley.
Canned veggies: You will need a can of artichoke hearts for this recipe.
Protein: Protein helps with satiety and is essential to making a balanced meal. For this salad, you will need about 4 oz of protein. You can use either canned tuna or roasted chicken in this recipe and either way, it turns out delicious. This recipe is also made with feta cheese for added protein and flavor.
Salad Dressing: I typically use Chosen Foods Greek Goddess salad dressing for this salad. However, you can use any Greek or Italian dressing that you like.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try, please leave a comment below or tag me on instagram and let me know what you think!
Mediterranean Salad With Mushrooms
- 5 oz Spring Mix Green
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 4 oz Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 pint Grape Tomatoes
- 8 oz Artichoke Hearts
- 2 oz Feta Cheese
- 4 oz Canned Tuna or Roasted Chicken
- 6 Kalamata Olives
- 1 handful Parsley
- 1/4 cup Greek Salad Dressing
- Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse all of the fresh veggies.
- Cut the red bell pepper into slices.
- Remove the artichokes from a can and rinse thoroughly. Cut the artichokes in half.
- Spray a baking dish with oil spray. Add the red bell pepper slices, shiitake mushrooms, and artichokes to a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until the red bell pepper has softened.
- Once the veggies are done cooking, place to the side to completely cool for about 30 minutes.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half. Cut the tuna or chicken, feta, and kalamata olives into smaller pieces if necessary.
- In a large bowl, add the spring mix greens, grape tomatoes, feta cheese, tuna or chicken, kalamata olives, parsley, and cooked veggies.
- Mix the salad in the large bowl. If you plan on serving the whole salad, mix in the dressing. If you only plan on eating a portion of the salad, place a portion of salad on a plate and top with desired amount of Greek salad dressing. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Leave a Reply