If you’re looking for a savory breakfast meal prep, egg muffins are a great option. They make a great, grab and go breakfast or high protein snack. I personally love egg bites because they’re a great way to use up any veggies you have and aren’t sure what to do with. I used fresh veggies in this recipe, but you could use frozen veggies as well.
To make these egg muffins, I like using veggies such as spinach, kale, bell peppers, and onion. However, I have made numerous recipe variations based on the produce that I had on hand. Below I include a recipe video of one way I have made egg muffins and I also include the full recipe and instructions for how to make the egg bites pictured in this post.
What You’ll Need to Make the Egg Muffins:
Eggs: You can use as many eggs as you’d like for this recipe. I used a dozen eggs to make 12 egg bites.
Produce: You can use any produce that you like for this recipe- fresh or frozen.
Spices: I like seasoning the eggs with salt and pepper. However, you can use (or not use) any spices in this recipe.
Shredded Cheese: You can also top the egg muffins with shredded cheese. This ingredient is optional.
Oil Spray: You will need to spray the muffins tins with oil spray prior to baking. I personally like using Chosen Foods avocado oil spray. Alternatively, I have also used silicone baking cups, as shown in the video above, which don’t require oil spray.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try, please leave a comment below or tag me on instagram and let me know what you think!
- Muffin Tin
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/4 cup Bell Peppers chopped
- 2 tbsp Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Broccoli chopped
- 12 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese optional
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oil Spray
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with oil spray.
- Using a ladle, distribute the egg mixture evenly across 12 muffin tins.
- Evenly distribute the chopped veggies across the 12 muffins tins.
- Optional: top each muffin tin with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.