I have another pantry staple recipe for you this week, using chickpeas: Chickpea Cookie Dough. If you missed my post last week, I posted a variety of Pantry Staple Recipes using popular pantry staple items.
I’ve seen a lot of sweet chickpea recipes- anything from chickpea cookies to chickpea blondies. I decided to put my can of chickpeas to use and make a sweet dessert! This chickpea cookie dough is made with 6 simple ingredients and is gluten free and vegan. The best part is it can be made in 5 minutes or less!
If you prefer baked cookies over cookie dough, you can also bake them into cookies – just add 1/2 tsp of baking soda. The batter will be sticky so refrigerate it for about 30 minutes to help it form. Use a cookie scooper to place cookies onto a baking dish. Bake cookies for ~15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Ingredients In Chickpea Cookie Dough:
Chickpeas: You will need 1 16oz can of chickpeas. Make sure to rinse the chickpeas thoroughly prior to blending.
Almond Butter: Use a natural almond butter that contains no added sugars or oils. You can substitute peanut butter if you want more of a chocolate chip peanut butter cookie taste.
Maple Syrup: Use a natural maple syrup with only one ingredient: maple syrup.
Rolled Oats: Use gluten free rolled oats to make this recipe gluten free. Gluten-free quick oats will work as well.
Chocolate Chips: You can use any paleo or vegan chocolate chips in the recipe. I used Enjoy Life Foods vegan chocolate chips.
Salt: Add just a pinch!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, please comment and let me know if you give it a try! Or tag me if you make it on instagram @wellbymel_!
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Food Processor
- 1 16oz Can Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Natural Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Salt a pinch
- Remove the chickpeas from can and rinse thoroughly. If the chickpeas still have a strong taste after rinsing, consider boiling them for a few minutes and re-straining. Set aside to dry.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Place in a bowl. I like to place it in the fridge for about 20 minutes to allow to cool and set.
- Remove from fridge and add 1/2 tsp baking soda. Form the batter into cookies and bake at 350 deg for 15 mins. Store leftovers in fridge.