Carrot fries are one of my favorite veggie side dishes or healthy snacks. You may be thinking, “carrots can’t be fries.” However, when you thinly slice carrots and air fry them, the natural sweetness of the carrots come out and they taste so dang delicious. This recipe is so flavorful and, as always, it’s incredibly easy to make.
This simple recipe is just made with carrots, oil, and spices and I make the carrot fries in the air fryer. If you’re looking for more recipes to make in the air fryer, check out all of my air fryer recipes.
What You’ll Need to Make Carrot Fries
Carrots: I used rainbow carrots to make a more colorful dish, but orange carrots work as well.
Avocado Oil: I use Chosen Foods avocado oil for high temperature cooking and air frying. You can read more about my favorite cooking oils in my previous post, What to Consider When Choosing a Cooking Oil.
Spices: I use several spices in this recipe, including salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cumin. To be honest, I normally eyeball the spices, but I include measurement guidelines in the instructions. I encourage you to add spices based on your taste preferences.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try, please leave a comment below or tag me on instagram and let me know what you think!
- Air Fryer
- 6 Carrots large
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp Pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Onion Powder to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Garlic Powder to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Paprika to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Cumin to taste
- Peel carrots and cut into "fries"
- Add the carrot fries to a large bowl and top with avocado oil and add spices based on taste preferences. Mix the carrot fries until fully coated.
- Air fry the carrot fries at 390 degrees for 10 minutes. Mix the carrot fries around to ensure they are cooking evenly and then air fry for another 10 minutes at 390 degrees. The carrot fries should be crispy and slightly burnt around the edges.