Are you looking for an easy, healthy breakfast that can be made in less than 5 minutes? Then, look no further! This low sugar smoothie is balanced with adequate protein, fat, veggies, and fiber so it not only tastes delicious, but is also very satiating. I love this breakfast because it keeps me feeling satiated for hours so I don’t feel the need to snack in between meals.
Why I Love This Low Sugar Smoothie:
- Takes less than 5 minutes to make!
- Only requires one step to make- blend the ingredients!
- Recipe is both gluten free and vegan
- It is very satisfying and keeps me feeling full for hours
Ingredients in Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie:
Blueberries: This smoothie is low in sugar as it doesn’t contain much fruit. The only fruit that it contains is 1/4 cup of berries, which is a lower sugar fruit.
Frozen Riced Cauliflower: This is my favorite smoothie addition! It adds bulk to the smoothie and gives it a creamy texture, without adding flavor.
Almond Milk: Use store bought or make your own almond milk. You can substitute the almond milk with any nondairy milk.
Peanut Butter: Use an all natural peanut butter without any added sugar or oil. You can substitute the peanut butter with any nut or seed butter.
Vanilla Protein Powder: Choose your favorite brand of vanilla protein powder.
Note: Not all protein powders are safe to consume during pregnancy. If pregnant, consult your doctor or dietitian prior to consuming protein powders.
Chia Seeds: These are a great source of fiber and make the smoothie taste very satisfying.
Cinnamon: Adds a hint of cinnamon flavor to smoothies. I love adding cinnamon to almost all of my smoothies.
Toppings: Top your smoothie bowl with cacao nibs and extra chia seeds for an added crunch!
I hope you love this recipe! If you give it a try, leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie
- High Speed Blender
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- cinnamon add to taste
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs and chia seeds optional toppings
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender and enjoy! Top with toppings if desired.