This chicken sandwich is crispy, juicy, and so flavorful! You won’t believe that this recipe is also nutritious. The air fryer crispy chicken sandwich is made with almond flour and air fried to give it a crispy texture. Scroll down to see how to make this simple, but incredibly satisfying recipe.
The crispy chicken is topped with pickles and honey mustard sauce and served over a whole wheat bun. Serve the air fryer crispy chicken sandwich with vegetables, like my Carrot Fries, to make a nutritious and balanced meal.
If you like this recipe, be sure to also check out my Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets recipe.
What You’ll Need To Make The Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich:
Chicken Thighs: You will need about 1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. This will make six servings of crispy chicken sandwiches.
Almond Flour: You will need about 1 cup of almond flour to start. I recommend being flexible with the amount of almond flour because you may need to use more depending on how much sticks to the chicken and coats it.
Spices: I added paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the almond flour to season it.
Eggs: You will need 1-2 whisked eggs to coat the chicken thighs. This will help the almond flour mixture stick to the chicken thighs.
Whole Wheat Buns: You will need buns to make the air fryer crispy chicken sandwiches. I used whole wheat buns. If you need to make this recipe gluten-free, you could substitute with gluten-free buns.
Pickles: I topped the crispy chicken sandwiches with dill pickles.
Honey Mustard Sauce: Each crispy chicken sandwich contains honey mustard sauce for added flavor. You can use store bought honey mustard, or you make your own by simply combining honey with dijon mustard.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give it a try, please leave a comment below or tag me on instagram and let me know what you think!
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Sandwich
- Air Fryer
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Thighs
- 1-2 Eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 6 Whole Wheat Buns
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 12 Dill Pickles
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel.
- Crack to eggs into a bowl and whisk.
- To a plate, add the almond flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix until evenly distributed.
- Coat each chicken thigh with the egg, then coat with the almond flour mixture until the chicken thigh is evenly coated. Repeat until all of the chicken thighs are used.
- Air Fry the chicken thighs at 390 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the air fryer to cool.
- Toast the whole wheat buns.
- Combine the honey and mustard in a small bowl and mix.
- To a whole wheat bun, add a piece of crispy chicken, two pickles, and a small portion of the honey mustard sauce. Repeat until all of the buns are used.