Ice cream is my all time favorite dessert, especially during the summer. My favorite flavor is chocolate chip cookie dough! I made this ice cream recipe uses my Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies, but you can use any gluten free and vegan cookies of your choice choice. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and made with all real food ingredients!
This recipe is so easy to make! All you need to do is blend the ingredients together, throw it in a bread pan, and let it sit in the freezer. The ice cream needs to freeze for about 4-5 hours to turn into “ice cream.” All you have to do is let it sit in the freezer, it’s no churn! If it is left in the freezer for too long, it may get too hard and require you to let it thaw slightly prior to serving. If left in the freezer for the right amount of time (4-5 hours), the texture is very similar to ice cream. I recommend using an ice cream scooper to serve to form it into scoops!
One of the keys ingredients in this recipe is the full fat coconut milk. Full fat is a must. It makes the ice cream thick and creamy.
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 ripe bananas
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tsp coconut sugar
3 chopped chickpea cookies (see recipe here)
1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- Place ripe bananas, full fat coconut milk, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the contents of the blender in a bread pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped chickpea cookies and vegan chocolate chips to the ice cream.
- Place in freezer for 4-5 hours. Remove from freezer and enjoy immediately!
- Note: Because this recipe is natural and contains no stabilizers, it is best if it is consumed immediately after the 4-5 hour freezing time. If it freezes too long, it will become icy.
If you are unable to enjoy the ice cream immediately after freezing it for 4-5 hours or would prefer to portion out an individual serving, I recommend following the below instructions instead:
- Place 2 ripe bananas, 1 can of full fat coconut milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 2 tbsp coconut sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the contents of the blender in ice cube trays.
- When ready to serve, place the desired amount of frozen ice cream cubes in a high power blender, such as a Vitamix. Blend until until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Place contents of the blender in a bowl and add in desired amount of chickpea chocolate chip cookie pieces and vegan chocolate chips!