As the weather gets warmer and we approach summer, I love fresh, hydrating recipes. This shrimp bowl is one of my favorites! It is so simple and delicious and tastes so refreshing.
The shrimp is cooked to have a honey- garlic flavor. The fruit salsa it is paired with is a mango-avocado salsa. You can substitute the mango for 1 cup cubed pineapple as well and it tastes equally delicious. The recipe is topped with a fresh squeeze of lime juice.
This recipe is both gluten free and paleo. It can be made whole 30 if you skip the honey. This recipe makes about two servings.
- 1.25 lbs raw shrimp
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Devein and remove tails from shrimp.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and 1 minced clove of garlic. Cook on medium heat for about 20 seconds.
- Add shrimp to the frying pan and saute in the avocado oil and garlic until the shrimp are cooked and turn pink.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to the shrimp and mix. Turn off the heat and set the pan of shrimp to the side to allow to cool.
- Cut one mango and two avocados into cubes. Add to a separate bowl along with the chopped red onion.
- Once the shrimp have cooled, add them to the bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime over the bowl and mix the contents of the bo