Pizza is hands down one of my favorite foods. A few years ago, I began dabbling with making cauliflower pizza crusts. The biggest issues that I found was that the crusts didn’t stick together or primarily consisted of cheese. I wanted to make a cauliflower pizza crust that 1) actually stayed together, 2) was made with simple, wholesome ingredients, and 3) was dairy free/paleo friendly.
This cauliflower pizza crust is only made with four ingredients and is gluten free, dairy free, and paleo! This crust is very simple and tastes plain, similar to how a regular pizza crust would also taste plain by itself. I like to think of the crust as the canvas and and the toppings are like the paint.
I like to top the pizza with fresh tomato slices, mozzarella (vegan or regular), fresh basil, olive oil, and sea salt! This recipe makes about 2 servings.
- 1 package of frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. Allow the package of frozen riced cauliflower to thaw.
3. Once thawed, add the riced cauliflower, as well as the cassava flour, garlic, and eggs to blender. Blend until fully mixed.
4. Spread the crust mixture evenly across the baking dish lined with parchment paper and place in oven. Cook this for 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the crust.
5. Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool and harden for about 20 minutes.
6. Once the pizza is cooled, add the desired toppings and cook in the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.