As I said in a recent blog post, I am adding budget-friendly recipes to be blog coming out of my Food Stamps Experience Project for school. This is my second budget-friendly recipe and it is for main dish.
What You Will Need:
- Baking Dish/Sheet
- Cutting Board
- 1 can black beans
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado
- Spices such as salt, pepper, paprika, chipotle, cayenne pepper
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes. Place the cubed sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and top with oil and any desired spices. Cook the potatoes on 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
- Open can of black beans and place in colander. Rinse the beans and allow to dry.
- Cut an avocado in half, remove the pit and peel, slice avocado into cubes.
- Mix the cooked sweet potatoes, black beans, and avocado in a bowl.