These Corn Bread Muffins are the perfect comfort food for the winter season. They would pair great with a warm bowl of soup or chili and are also delicious all by themselves! Unlike most Corn Bread recipes, this healthier version is made with clean ingredients and is very easy to make. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo.
The key ingredient to these muffins are the golden flaxseeds.
First off, flaxseeds are a great source of fiber. Fiber is the part of plants that is not digestible. Fiber offers a variety of health benefits. Additionally, when flaxseeds are combined with liquid they form a gel-like texture, which is sometimes called a “flax egg.” Flax eggs serve a similar purpose as eggs in baking- they help form the batter and hold it together. In this recipe, once all of the ingredients are mixed it is placed in the fridge for 20 minutes. This enables the flaxseeds to form into flax eggs and help hold the batter together.
1/2 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tbsp golden flaxseeds
1 1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
- Heat the coconut oil until it turns to liquid.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Place the bowl to the side for about 5-10 minutes. This will allow the batter to form.
- Disperse the batter evenly into 8 muffin slots on a muffin pan.
- Bake in the oven at 375 deg for 20 minutes.