Who doesn’t love healthy twists on dessert? This Apple Crumble recipe is made with all real food ingredients! It tastes like a treat, but you are actually eating real, whole food, nourishing ingredients. This recipe is gluten free, vegan, and also contains no refined sugar. This recipe is simple, doesn’t require many ingredients, and you probably have all or most of the ingredients already in your fridge/pantry!
This Apple Crumble recipe is not paleo as it does contain rolled oats. However, you can easily make this recipe paleo! Just one easy swap of the oats for almond flour and you have a simple and delicious paleo dessert!
- 2 apples (i used honey crisp)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (sub almond flour for paleo option)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Cut the apples into slices. Combine the apple slices with 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place on a loaf pan and cook on 400 deg for approximately 40 minutes or until the apples soften.
- In a bowl, mix together the rolled oats (or almond flour), coconut flour, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Add mixture to the top of the cooked apples and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the crumble has slightly browned.