Want an easy, peasy meal that takes less than 10 minutes to make? Try out this Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe! This is my go to meal when I want something quick and easy to make or when I’m low on fresh groceries. The best part about this recipe is that it’s made with mostly frozen ingredients!
What’s so great about frozen ingredients? Let me tell you…
1). They don’t expire as quickly as fresh produce.
This makes them really easy to have them on hand. Just buy them at the grocery store, throw them in the freezer, and don’t worry about them! Frozen produce takes several months to expire so you don’t need to worry about consuming it quickly like fresh produce or even worse it going bad quickly and having to toss it..
2). Frozen produce is relatively cheap.
In comparison to fresh produce, frozen produce tends to be the more affordable option. As previously stated, it takes longer to expire so there is a lesser chance of wasting frozen produce in comparison to fresh produce.
3). Frozen produce have high nutritional content
Frozen produce are picked at their peak ripeness, which is typically when the produce is at its maximum nutritional content. On the other hand, fresh produce is often picked before it’s ripe so that it doesn’t ripen until it sits on the store shelves.
Now that you’re as excited about frozen produce as I am, let’s get to the recipe…
1 package frozen riced cauliflower
2 chopped carrots
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic
Gluten free coconut aminos (soy free option) or Gluten Free soy sauce
1. In a pan, add chopped onion and avocado oil. Cook for about a minute or until fragrant.
2. Add the peas and carrots to the pan and continue to cook for a few minutes or until the carrots start to soften.
3. Add garlic cloves and additional avocado oil if necessary. Cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the cauliflower rice. Continue to cook and mix the contents of the pan until the cauliflower is cooked.
5. Push ingredients to the side and add two eggs directly to the pan. Allow to cook for about 1 minute and then begin to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Continue to mix contents of the pan for and add ginger, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), salt, and pepper. Cook for a few minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked. Make sure that the contents of the pan are fully mixed to disperse the seasoning and eggs. Serve in a dish and enjoy!