Because its officially Spring and Easter this weekend, I thought I’d re-post my Carrot Cake Mini Muffin recipe! They are gluten-free and vegan (without the bee pollen topping) and soo delicious! See recipe details below..
2 cups gluten- free rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
1 medium carrot peeled and cut
1/4 cup shredded carrot (creates orange color)
5 fresh medoolan dates
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
Ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste
Optional: 1/4 cup walnuts
Coconut Cream Topping Ingredients (Optional):
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp almond milk
Honey bee pollen (exclude if vegan)
- Heat the coconut oil until full melted. Place off to the side to cool.
- Remove the pits from the fresh medoolan dates. Add all of the ingredients except for the optional walnuts and shredded carrot to a large food processor or high powered blender. Blend until the mixture is fully mixed. The batter should be thick. If needed, add an additional 1-2 tbsp of almond milk.
- Add shredded carrots and walnuts (optional) to the blender or food processor and pulse lightly so that they lightly chop and mix in but do not fully blend.
- Distribute the contents of the blender or food processor into a cupcake baking pan- it will make ~ 8 muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees.
Coconut Cream Topping Directions (Optional):
- Place 1 can of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and scoop out the solidified cream from the can and place in a small blender or food processor.
- Begin to blend the coconut cream. Add 2 tbsp of almond milk to the blender of food processor and blend until the coconut cream begins to soften. You will need to scrap the sides of the blender or food processor several times throughout the process. If needed, add an additional 1-2 tbsp of almond milk. Do not add too much almond milk, you want the texture to be a soft cream and not a liquid.
- Wait until the carrot cake mini muffins are completely cooled and top with coconut cream topping and honey bee pollen.