This may be the easiest recipe I have ever made! It doesn’t involve many ingredients, only took me about 20 minutes to make, and is naturally delicious. This recipe is gluten-free and vegan. It makes about 10 falafel.
I topped the falafel over a salad bowl with tahini sauce. You could also throw them in a pita. See recipe below!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1/4 red onion (~1/2 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup firmly packed parsley
- 1 cup firmly packed cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 3 tbsp avocado oil and extra avocado oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor. You will need to scrap the sides of the food processor several times throughout the process.
- Form the mixture into small ball shapes.
- Coat a frying pan with avocado oil and cook the falafel on medium heat. You will need to flip the falafel several times throughout the process to evening cook them. Cook until the falafel are crispy on the outside.
- Place the falafel on a paper towel and allow to cool.