BBQ Jackfruit Taco Bowl for lunch today! 🌮 First time cooking Jackfruit and it was soo easy! It has a meat-like texture/ flavor and is the perfect add to any taco bowl. Bowl deats 👉🏻 1 cup riced cauliflower topped with sautéed red peppers and onions, guac, Jackfruit roasted in bbq sauce, and cilantro 🌶🍅🥑
1 can jackfruit
3 tbps gluten- free bbq sauce
1 cup frozen rice cauliflower
1 red bell pepper
1/4 cup sliced white onion
5 grape tomatoes
1/2 ripe avocado
1 clove garlic
tbsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place canned Jackfruit on parchment paper on a baking dish and add bbq sauce. Roast in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Cut red bell pepper into slices. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the pepper slices have softened.
- While the Jackfruit and red pepper slices are cooking, make the guacamole. Scoop 1/2 avocado into a bowl. Add a handful of sliced onion. Put 1 clove of garlic through a garlic press and add to the bowl. Mash the avocado and mix. Add a handful of cilantro, a squeeze of juice from a lime, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan, heat the frozen rice cauliflower until it is completely thawed. Add the riced cauliflower to a bowl.
- Remove the red bell pepper slices from the oven. In a frying pan, saute the pepper slices with the sliced onion in avocado oil until the onion begins to cook. Add bell pepper and onion to the bowl with riced cauliflower.
- Remove the Jackfruit from the oven and mash the Jackfruit with a fork. Mix the BBQ sauce so that it is evenly coated on all of the Jackfruit. The Jackfruit should break apart easily and resemble pulled meat. Add the BBQ Jackfruit to the bowl.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half and add to the bowl. Add the guacamole to the bowl and a handful of cilantro.