I made my Gluten Free, Added Sugar Free Pumpkin Bread a little bit differently this week. It is a very similar recipe, but has a liter spin on it. As usual, it is made with real food ingredients And let me tell you it is GOOD! This recipe makes 1 loaf, which I typically cut into 6 slices. The best part is, it is LESS THAN 200 CALORIES PER SLICE (1 slice = 1/6 loaf). That is correct! It is less calories than those bars most people are snacking on and waayyyy more delicious. Check out this easy recipe below and please comment if you give it a try!
1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup tiger nut flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup almond milk
5 fresh medoolan dates (not dried)
Pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. In a large bowl, mix pumpkin puree, tiger nut flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
3. In a blender, add the almond milk and dates. Pulse until the mixture has an even consistency. Add the contents to the blender to the large bowl and mix. Note: you must use a blender, a food processor will not work.
4. Add Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
5. Add 2 eggs to the bowl and mix until the entire bowl is evenly mixed.
6. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and add contents of the bowl to the baking dish. The batter should be thick so be sure to spread it evenly.
8. Place the baking dish in the oven for 1 hour. NOTE: This bread will not rise very high.
9. After 1 hour, remove the baking dish to cool for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Enjoy! I personally think it even tastes better out of the fridge the next day.