This Vegetarian Paella recipe uses riced cauliflower instead of rice. This recipe has a great paella taste, but is full of veggies- riced cauliflower, onion, red bell pepper, tomato, peas, artichokes, parsley, and garlic. This paella is grain free, gluten-free, so easy to make and tastes freaking delicious! The recipe below makes about 2 servings.
I have a smaller paella pan so the ingredients are proportional to my pan size, if you have a bigger pan, the portion size may very.
If you’re interested in a meat paella recipe, check out my Cauliflower Rice Paella recipe that is made with chicken and chorizo here.
- 1 package frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 5 artichoke hearts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Avocado Oil
1. Chop the onion and cut the red bell pepper into strips. Saute the red bell pepper and onion the avocado oil on medium heat until the red bell pepper starts to soften and the onion turns slightly brown, approximately 7 minutes. Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
2. While the pepper and onion are cooking, cut 8 cherry tomatoes in half. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Also, add the frozen peas to the pan and allow them to thaw.
3. Cut the garlic or put through a garlic press. Add 1 tsp additional of avocado oil to the pan. Add the garlic to the oil and allow to simmer for approximately 30 seconds.
4. Add the package of frozen riced cauliflower and the artichokes to the pan and mix the contents of the pan. Add about 1.5 cups of water to the pan. Add a pinch of saffron to the pan and cook on medium-high heat. The contents of the pan should begin to boil. Add additional salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Note: You do not want to add too much water because the fresh and frozen vegetables will release some water.
5. Cook the paella until all of the water has evaporated (approximately 25 minutes). Then allow the paella to cook for a few minutes to allow get that “sticking to the pan” effect. Once cool, top with fresh parsley.