Eating low sugar is BIG right now. When I was originally experimenting with low-sugar eating, I had no problem putting together low sugar meals, but really struggled to find low sugar snacks. Snack foods for me primarily look like fruit and nut butter (which although contains natural sugar, still contains sugar) or some sort of healthy bar, which unfortunately typically contain added sugars.
If you’re experiencing similar struggles, you might like my egg muffin snack idea! They are super easy to make and full of protein and veggies so that they actually keep you full. They are also great if you have some extra veggies in the fridge that you’re not sure what to do with. I’ll show the recipe that I used to make them, but the veggies can vary. See recipe below!
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/4 medium sized onion
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 7 eggs
- Avocado oil
1. Heat spinach in a pan until wilted. Transfer to a medium sized bowl.
2. Dice the bell peppers and onion and roast in avocado oil until soft. Add to the medium sized bowl.
3. Chop the broccoli into small pieces and add to the medium sized bowl.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add ginger, salt, and pepper.
5. Chop the garlic or put through a garlic press. Add garlic to the large bowl with the whisked eggs.
6. Add the contents of the medium sized bowl to the large bowl and mix.
7. Usually a ladel, distribute the mixture evenly across 9 muffin tins.
8. Cook at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.