I made this red lentil pasta with creamy cashew cheese sauce for lunch today. I love this recipe because it tastes super delicious and creamy and is super easy to make. I used gluten free red lentil pasta as an alternative to regular pasta. I also added some spinach, and grape tomatoes to this bowl for an extra boost of veggies. I honestly did not portion out the amount of pasta and veggies that I used- I just kind of eye-balled it until I got the desired portions. I did portion out the creamy cashew cheese sauce recipe and included the details below! This will make about 3 servings of sauce. This recipe is gluten free and dairy free.
Creamy Cashew Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped and sautéed sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used homemade)
- 2 tbsp water
1. Soak the cashews in water overnight.
2. Chop 1/4 cup of sweet onion and sautee with avocado oil. Set aside to cool.
3. After the cashews have soaked overnight, drain the water and add the cashews to the blender.
4. Add the remainder of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. I used about 2 tbsp of water to get the right consistency, you may need to add more or less depending on the mixture.