I have recently started making my own almond milk. If you are interested in making your own almond milk, check out my blog post on How to Make Your Own Almond Milk. When you make your own almond milk, you are left with the almond pulp. I have been experimenting with different ways to use the leftover almond pulp in order to reduce food waste. To be honest, it took me a few tries to figure out how to use it, but I finally got it down and am loving it!
These no bake brownies feature almond pulp as an ingredient. If you do not have almond pulp, have no fear- almond flour works just as well in this recipe! These brownies are raw, vegan, gluten free, and are soo easy to make!
If you are interested in other recipes that use nut pulp, I have a whole tab on my blog dedicated to nut pulp recipes here.
- 1 cup almond pulp or almond flour
- 1/4 cup nut or seed butter
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 fresh medoolan dates (remove pits)
- 2 tbsp – 1/4 cup filtered water
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Add the almond pulp or flour, nut or seed butter, cacao powder, dates, coconut flour and 2 tbsp filtered water to a food processor. Mix until the mixture reaches an even consistency and begins to stick together. You will repeatedly need to scoop the sides of the food processor throughout the process. If the mixture is too dry and not sticking together, add an additional 2 tbsp filtered water (for a total of 1/4 cup water) and blend again
2. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish lined parchment paper. Press the mixture evenly into the pan until it has flattened. (Optional: Top with chopped walnuts or pecans). Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into approximately 9 brownies.