This past weekend I watched the marathon in NYC. I ran the NYC marathon the previous year, so going to watch it this year was definitely nostalgic for me. It was such a great experience!
I carbo loaded to go watch the marathon (kidding) with this Loaded Sweet Potato! But in all seriousness, I did make this Loaded Sweet Potato this past weekend and it was really good. It is the perfect quick & easy healthy lunch! See the full recipe details below.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- Avocado oil
- Guacamole- 1 ripe avocado, 1 lime, cilantro, ~1/8 sweet onion, 1 clove of garlic
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
1. Cut a small slit in the large sweet potato. Place the sweet potato in the microwave for ~5 minutes or until soft. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool. Once cool, open up the sweet potato lengthwise. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Cut a red bell pepper into slices. Place the red pepper slices on a baking dish and bake in the oven with 1 tbsp of avocado oil for ~30 mins or until soft.
4. To make the guacamole- cut ~1/8 sweet onion into small pieces. Place the one clove of garlic through a garlic masher. In a bowl, combine the avocado, onion, and garlic. Add juice of 1/2 lime and season with salt and pepper. Mix until the consistency is even and guacamole is formed.
5. Top the sweet potato with black beans, roasted red pepper slices, 1/2 of the guacamole, and additional cilantro. Season with additional lime juice, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!