Carbo loaded to go watch the NYC Marathon this past Sunday with this loaded sweet potato! Topped with red peppers roasted in avocado oil, black beans, cilantro, and guac. This was 10/10 👌🏻
1 large sweet potato
1 red bell pepper
1/4 cup cooked black beans
Guacamole- 1 ripe avocado, 1 lime, cilantro, ~1/8 sweet onion, 1 clove of garlic
1. Cut a small slit in the large sweet potato. Place the sweet potato in the microwave for ~5 minutes or until soft. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool. Once cool, open up the sweet potato lengthwise. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Cut a red bell pepper into slices. Place the red pepper slices on a baking dish and bake in the oven with 1 tbsp of avocado oil for ~30 mins or until soft.
4. To make the guacamole- cut ~1/8 sweet onion into small pieces. Place the one clove of garlic through a garlic masher. In a bowl, combine the avocado, onion, and garlic. Add juice of 1/2 lime and season with salt and pepper. Mix until the consistency is even and guacamole is formed.
5. Top the sweet potato with black beans, roasted red pepper slices, 1/2 of the guacamole, and additional cilantro. Season with additional lime juice, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!