Fall veggie hash for dinner last night! Made with roasted brussel sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes, carmelized apples, and roasted nuts. I’m literally gushing over this combo. It is gluten free, dairy free, and added sugar free. I think I know what dish I’m bringing to Friendsgiving this year! 🍂🍁
1 bag of shaved brussel sprouts (I got mine from Trader Joe’s)
1 large sweet potato
2 mini honey crisp apples (I got mine from Trader Joe’s)
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outside of the sweet potato. Cut the sweet into cubes. Place the cubed sweet potatoes on a baking dish with a tbsp of avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the sweet potatoes for ~30 minutes or until soft with crispy edges.
3. Cut the mini honey crisp apples into slices. In a frying pan, saute the apple slices in 1 tbsp of coconut oil and cinnamon. Cook until the apples have softened.
4. Remove the mini apple slices from the pan and place off to the side. In the same pan, add the nuts and cook on low heat until the nuts begin to darken and appear “toasty.”
5. In a separate frying pan, saute the shaved brussel sprouts with a tbsp of avocado oil. Cook until the brussel sprouts have softened and are slightly crispy.
6. Combine the shaved brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, apples, and nuts into a bowl and mix together. Place a portion of the vegetable hash on a plate and enjoy!