I’m a huge fan of spaghetti squash, so I’m loving that it’s in season right now. I usually cook it with tomato sauces but I also really like to cook it with Asian-inspired dishes. This recipe is made with bok choi, red pepper, green onions to top. The sauce is made with pb, coconut aminos, coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, and garlic. It is gluten free, dairy free, and soy free.
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 red bell pepper
1 medium bunch bok choi
1 bunch green onions
Red pepper flakes
Peanut sauce ingredients:
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter (can substitute sunflower butter)
3 tbs coconut aminos
1 clove Garlic
Juice of 1/2 small lime
3/4 cup cup canned coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat spaghetti squash in the microwave for 5 mins to soften. After 5 mins, remove the spaghetti squash from the microwave and allow to cool. When cool, cut the spaghetti squash in half length wise and remove and discard seeds.
3. Place spaghetti squash in on a baking dish for 45-60 mins or until it has softened and you can remove the “spaghetti” with a fork.
4. Once finished, remove the spaghetti squash from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Cut red bell pepper and bok choi into pieces. Sautéed the red pepper pieces in a pan with avocado oil on medium heat for a few minutes until the pepper begins to soften. Add the bok choi and and cook until softens. Lower the pan temperature to medium heat.
6. Remove the spaghetti squash with a fork and place in pan with bok choi and red pepper.
7. In a strong blender or food processor, add garlic, lime juice, ginger, coconut aminos, peanut butter, and coconut milk. Use the liquid part of canned coconut milk. Note: canned coconut milk is used because it is creamier than boxed coconut milk.
8. Blend until evenly mixed. Add sauce to the pan with the spaghetti squash, red pepper, and bok choi and mix to distribute evenly.
9. Place a serving of Thai-inspired peanut spaghetti squash on a plate (~ half the pan).
10. Cut green onions and add to top the plate. Add crushed red pepper flakes to taste.