I’m definitely more of a summer person, but I’ve been making all of the cozy fall foods lately. I made butternut squash soup for dinner tonight. It is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and added sugar free. See recipe below!
1 medium butternut squash
1 red bell pepper
1/2 sweet onion
2 medium carrots
2 cloves garlic
Toppings: green onions and pumpkin seeds
- Heat the butternut squash in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, peel the outside of the butternut squash.
- Once peeled, cut the butternut squash into cubes, removing the seeds in the process.
- Cut onion and the red bell pepper.
- Place a pot on medium heat and add avocado oil.
- Cook the onion in the pot for about 30 seconds.
- Add the red pepper to the pot and cook until it begins to soften. Add salt and pepper.
- Add chopped and peeled cloves of garlic, cook for about 30 seconds, and then immediately add the cubed butternut squash to the pot.
- Add 4-5 cups of water to the pot and place on high heat. Allow the soup to boil for several minutes until the water begins to evaporate.
- Turn the pot off and allow to cool slightly. Using a hand blender, carefully blend the soup until the ingredients are fully blended.
- Place the pot back on high heat and heat until the soup forms a thick consistency.
- Chop green onions and serve the soup topped with green onions and pumpkin seeds.