Simple, delicious recipe because butternut squash tastes so naturally delicious, it does not need much.
I love this simple, healthy recipe because it really highlights the flavor of the butternut squash. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s quick and easy to make and tastes great! All you need to do is cook the veggies, boil, and then blend.
This butternut squash soup is made with all real food ingredients. This recipe is gluten free, vegan, paleo, and whole 30 approved.
See full details below!
1 medium butternut squash
1 red bell pepper
1/2 sweet onion
2 medium carrots
2 cloves garlic
Optional toppings: green onions or chives and pumpkin seeds
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outside of the butternut squash.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the butternut squash into cubes, removing the seeds in the process. If you do not have a very sharp knife, microwave the butternut squash for a few minutes to allow it to soften and make it easier to cube the squash.
- Slice the onion and the red bell pepper. Peel and cut the carrots.
- Place a pot on medium heat and add avocado oil.
- Cook the chopped onion in the pot for about 30 seconds.
- Add the red pepper and carrots to the pot and cook until they begin to soften. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped and peeled cloves of garlic, cook for about 30 seconds. Note: you may need to add an additional drop of avocado oil to saute the garlic.
- Add the cubed butternut squash and 5 cups of water to the pot and place on high heat. Allow the soup to boil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn the pot off and allow to cool slightly for about 5 minutes. Using a hand blender, carefully blend the soup until the ingredients are fully blended. If you do not have a hand blender, allow the soup to completely cool and then blend in a regular blender.
- Top with chopped green onion or chives and pumpkin seeds.