I’m definitely more of a summer person, but I’ve been making all of the cozy fall foods lately. I made butternut squash soup for dinner tonight. It is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and added sugar free. See recipe below!
1 medium butternut squash
1 red bell pepper
1/2 sweet onion
2 medium carrots
2 cloves garlic
Optional toppings: green onions or chives and pumpkin seeds
- Heat the butternut squash in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, peel the outside of the butternut squash.
- Once peeled, cut the butternut squash into cubes, removing the seeds in the process.
- Cut onion and the red bell pepper. Peel and cut the carrots.
- Place a pot on medium heat and add avocado oil.
- Cook the onion in the pot for about 30 seconds.
- Add the red pepper and carrots to the pot and cook until it begins to soften. Add salt and pepper.
- Add chopped and peeled cloves of garlic, cook for about 30 seconds, and then immediately add the cubed butternut squash to the pot. You may need to add an additional drop of avocado oil to saute the garlic.
- Add 5 cups of water to the pot and place on high heat. Allow the soup to boil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn the pot off and allow to cool slightly for about 5 minutes. Using a hand blender, carefully blend the soup until the ingredients are fully blended.
- Top with chopped green onion or chives and pumpkin seeds.