Good morning everyone! I’m starting off my Friday morning with this Tart Beet Berry Smoothie Bowl on my couch in NYC. As a Management Consultant, I typically fly back home from the client site on Thursday evenings and Friday is a work from home day for me. Fortunately for me, that means today I have a slower morning and can enjoy this smoothie bowl.
I’m obsessed with the color of this smoothie bowl. The beets give it such a fun color and the tart flavor is so refreshing! This smoothie bowl is perfect for the warmer weather. See the full recipe details below, I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
Note: This recipe is labeled as vegan, but is topped with bee pollen (optional). If you are trying to follow a vegan diet, you may want to skip the bee pollen topping.
- 1/4 cup frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
- 1/2 cup frozen beets
- 2 fresh medoolan dates
- 1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 lime juiced
- coconut water to get the right texture
- optional: 1 tbsp chia seeds
- toppings- i used honeybee pollen and coconut flakes
- Remove pits from dates.
- Add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth and top with toppings!