Have some overripe bananas? Use them to make this Banana Bread recipe! I absolutely love this banana bread because it tastes delicious and is gluten free, dairy free, and contains no added sugar. This recipe is naturally sweetened by fruit!
I love having this banana bread for breakfast, as a snack, or as a sweet treat. I like making it on Sunday afternoons and packing it with me for breakfast Monday morning. As a Management Consultant, it is the perfect on-the-go breakfast to take with me to the airport when I fly out Monday mornings.
Note: Because this recipe is made with flours such as tigernut, almond, and coconut, the batter will be thicker and the bread will not rise. If you would like a more traditional rising banana bread recipe, checkout my Banana Bread recipe using oats here.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tiger nut flour
- 2 bananas
- 5 fresh medoolan dates (not dried)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. Set a baking dish aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the tiger nut flour, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, collagen peptides (optional), cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. In a blender, add bananas, dates, and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Note: you must use a blender, a food processor will not work.
5. Place contents from the blender into the bowl. Add 1 egg to the bowl and throughly mix.
6. Add a piece of parchment paper to the baking dish. Place contents from bowl into the baking dish.
7. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes depending on the thickness of the bread.
8. Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool and harden for approximately 20 minutes.