A gluten- free, dairy-free cauliflower pizza that actually stays together? I got you covered!
I have experimented with several cauliflower pizza crusts over the years and my biggest pet peeves are 1) they do not stick together or 2) they are loaded with cheese! Because of this, I wanted to make my own gluten free and dairy free version.
This cauliflower pizza crust is on the sweeter side. This pizza combination is a sweeter flavor so the sweeter crust goes well. However, if you are interested in a plainer cauliflower pizza crust, check out my Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe using cassava flour here.
This crust is made with tigernut flour, which gives the crust a sweeter flavor. Tigernut flour is a root vegetable flour. I found it at Whole Foods, but have also seen it at other health foods stores.
- 1 cup tiger nut flour
- 1 package of frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- balsamic vinegar
- maple syrup
- optional: prosciutto
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Coat a baking dish (I used a glass baking dish) with coconut oil allow to heat up in the oven. Remove the baking dish and make sure the coconut oil is coating the dish evenly to create a nonstick surface. Alternatively, line the baking dish with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe dish, heat the frozen riced cauliflower in the microwave for about 5 minutes or until fully thawed. Place off to the side to cool.
- Once cooled, add the riced cauliflower, as well as the tiger nut flour, garlic, eggs, salt, and avocado oil to blender. Blend until fully mixed.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the baking sheet and place in oven.
- Cook this for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the crust.
- Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool and harden for about 20 minutes.
To make the toppings:
- Cut the fennel and sautee in a pan with avocado oil, salt, and pepper until the fennel has softened.
- Top the pizza with arugula, fig slices, sauteed fennel, and prosciutto (optional).
- In a pan, heat up balsamic vinegar and maple syrup on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Turn off heat and allow the cool. The mixture will form a syrup. Spread syrup across pizza crust.