Can’t put these lemon coconut pies down. They are raw, vegan, and so damn delicious. All you need is a blender to make.
3/4 cup almonds
1 cup medoolan dates
2 cans full fat coconut milk
Handful of coconut flakes
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Place canned coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the pie crust, place the almond and dates in a blender and blend until they stick together. How well they stick together depends on the softness of the dates. If they are not sticking together well add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil to the mixture and reblend.
- Scoop out the crust and distribute evenly into muffin baking sheet. Place the muffin baking sheet in the refrigerator.
- Clean out the blender and dry.
- To make the pie filling, scoop out the coconut cream from both cans of coconut milk into the blender. You can either discard or save the coconut milk left in the can. I personally like to save it to reuse in smoothies. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the blender and add coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut flakes. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the muffin baking sheet from the refrigerator and add the pie filling on top of the crust. Place in the muffin baking sheet back in the refrigerator or freezer for about 15 minutes to allow to form into its shape. Enjoy!