Threw together the leftovers from my kitchen and came out with these carrot cake muffins! They are vegan, gluten free, have no added sugar and are awesome! Definitely going to try making these before my next flight ✈️ to pack as breakfast. They were too easy to make.
I use a bamboo cutting board from Thrive Market to prep my veggies because plastics interacting with your food is a thing!
2 cups gluten- free rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
1 medium carrot peeled and cut
4 fresh medoolan dates
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup water
Sprinkle of ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste
Optional: handful of walnuts
Coconut Cream Topping Ingredients (Optional):
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 tbs- 1/4 cup almond milk
Honey bee pollen
- Heat the coconut oil until full melted. Place off to the side to cool.
- Remove the pits from the fresh medoolan dates. Add all ingredients to a large food processor or high powered blender and blend thoroughly. Add additional water if needed.
- Distribute blended mix into a cupcake baking pan- it will make ~ 8 muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees.
Coconut Cream Topping Directions (Optional):
- Place 1 can of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and scoop out the solidified cream from the can and place in a small blender or food processor.
- Add 2 tbsp of almond milk to the blender of food processor and blend until the coconut cream begins to soften. Add up to 1/4 cup almond milk or until you have the desired texture.
- Wait until the carrot cake mini muffins are completely cooled and top with coconut cream topping and honey bee pollen.