Threw together the leftovers from my kitchen and came out with these carrot cake muffins! They are vegan, gluten free, have no added sugar and are awesome! Definitely going to try making these before my next flight ✈️ to pack as breakfast. They were too easy to make.
I use a bamboo cutting board from Thrive Market to prep my veggies because plastics interacting with your food is a thing!
2 cups gluten- free rolled oats
1 ripe bananas
1 medium carrot peeled and cut
1/4 cup shredded carrot (creates orange color)
5 fresh medoolan dates
1/4 cup of coconut oil
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
Ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste
Coconut Cream Topping Ingredients (Optional):
1 can full fat coconut milk
2 tbsp liquid coconut milk
Honey bee pollen (not vegan)
- Heat the coconut oil until full melted. Place off to the side to cool.
- Remove the pits from the fresh medoolan dates. Add the medoolan dates, coconut oil, almond milk, carrot, and banana to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add the rolled oats, spices, and baking soda and blend for a few seconds. You want the oats to mix in, but still keep the clumpy texture.
- Add shredded carrots to the blender and pulse lightly so that they lightly chop and mix in but do not fully blend.
- Distribute the contents of the blender or food processor into a muffin baking pan- it will make ~ 8 muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees.
Coconut Cream Topping Directions (Optional):
- Place 1 can of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge and scoop out the solidified cream from the can and place in a small blender or food processor.
- Begin to blend the coconut cream. Add 2 tbsp of the liquid part of the coconut milk to the blender or food processor and blend until the coconut cream begins to soften. You will need to scrap the sides of the blender or food processor several times throughout the process. If needed, add an additional 1-2 tbsp of liquid coconut milk. Do not add too much liquid coconut milk, you want the texture to be a soft cream and not a liquid.
- Wait until the carrot cake mini muffins are completely cooled and top with coconut cream topping and honey bee pollen (not vegan).