Avocados for breakfast. Avocados for lunch. Avocados for dinner. I loveeee avocados. Got a chance to stop by the Union Square Green Market yesterday and pick up some farm fresh eggs which are sooo good. It’s crazy the difference you can taste in eggs depending on where you buy them. This morning’s breakfast bowl was very easy to make:
2 eggs (from the farmers market, they are seriously so much better!)
1 sweet potato cut into cubes (used the leftover sweet potatoes I had from my sweet potato fries yesterday)
Red pepper flakes
Guacamole ( see recipe from sweet potato fries and guacamole post)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Add a few spoonfuls of avocado oil to a baking pan (I use a glass bake dish because no nasty toxins from non stick pans leak into your food!)
- Add cubed sweet potatoes on top of the oiled pan and sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper, and place in oven for 25-30 mins. Make sure to watch your sweet potatoes because they will burn depending on how far apart they are spaced on the baking pan.
- Prepare guacamole and place off to the side.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and mix the sweet potatoes around. Place back in oven for 20 mins.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and add a few slices of chopped white onion.
- Place back in oven for 5-10 mins or until onion softens, but without burning the sweet potatoes.
- Cook 2 eggs sunny-side up.
- Plate the 2 eggs and sweet potato/onion combo. Add guacamole to plate. Top with red pepper flakes and cilantro and enjoy!